VIVARIUM COHOUSING & STATEMENT OF VALUES
Cohousing is a way of providing a balance between living independently in one’s own home and at the same time sharing common facilities and responsibilities as a group.
A significant feature of cohousing is that the ongoing running of the project is managed by the group members themselves. The purpose of living in a cohousing community is to provide mutual support and companionship and to promote co-operation between its members and thereby to enhance the health and wellbeing of all.
Everyone in the ‘living group’ is valued equally, regardless of class, financial circumstances, ethnicity, belief, disability, and sexuality. All the members’ talents and skills are valued, shared and developed as much as possible.
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Men and women from any background and culture, who are able to live independently and who wish to live in Fife.
- A household should comprise at least one member aged 50 or over.
- Individuals who are willing to commit themselves to Vivarium’s values and be active participants in the successful running of the project.
VIVARIUM’S STATEMENT OF VALUES & COMMITMENT
Members of the ‘living group’ agree to :-
- accept and respect the diversity of others
- give support to each other whilst respecting privacy
- co-operate and share responsibility for managing the project
- respect and care for the environment, the buildings and its inhabitants, and our relationships with other stakeholders
- participate in promoting and sustaining constructive and harmonious relationships with the wider community
- maintain a structure which is without hierarchy
All who join the Vivarium Cohousing Community undertake to abide by this Statement of Values